Jam in Jubilee - Q&A Series
Aly Laube is such a powerhouse. It was such a pleasure to sit down and chat with them.
Laube answered questions around venue's and event management. Some of the various areas / questions asked included:
- What are the general responsibilities of the person putting on a show/event?
- How far in advance should I get in touch with people if I want to throw a show?
- What other roles need to be filled to throw an event? (collecting money, making sure things run on time, sound?)
- What do you ask of performers in terms of helping promote the event?
- How do you discover local bands to work with?
- Is there an average amount of money you pay artists?
- Does postering still matter? Or is all promotion online now?
- Should I ever pay to play?
- How important is it to make sure an event isn't 19+
- How important is it to make sure performers are diverse?
- What steps can I take to ensure people are comfortable at an event I'm throwing?