Jam in Jubilee - Q&A Series
The fourth interview in the series was with David Schellenberg from The Good Will Social Club in Winnipeg. David offered really great advice - some of the questions that came up in the conversation included:
- What are some absolute no's in booking requests?
- Should all bookers be promoters?
- What's usually included in an email to book a night that's actually irrelevant?
- How much is the bands job and how much is the promoters job to get people to a show?
- as a booker, what do bands do that leave a lasting impression and make you want to bring them back to the space?
- Most bands are late for their load in times, but some bookers don't seem to care, how important is it to listen to the promoters timing schedule?
- Can I ask you to connect me with people better suited to what I'm doing in your community if you don't think I should be playing your space?
- Why do bookers ask me to find local bands for our show even though I'm not from their city?