Jam in Jubilee - Q&A Series
Aw. Last of the Q&A Series for this year's Jam in Jubilee Festival.
Capping off the series was a chat with Colleen Krueger of Flemish Eye Records (among a myriad of other projects!) from Calgary.
Some of the questions included:
- Is there anything bands say in emails that make you immediately delete it
- How do I know if my band is ready for a label?
- Does a label mean I just get to focus on creating music and they handle all my business?
- Will a label help me book shows and festivals? (assuming a return to normal after covid)
- Do I really need good press photos and things like that to get signed?
- Should I still send demos to labels? Digital or hard copy?
- Do you need to see a band play live before you sign them? Or is music enough?
- Do labels help get people on playlists?
- What's the best revenue stream for an artist?
- Do labels get to have input over the creative aspects of my music?
- Do I need to move to a bigger city to be discovered?